Translate

domenica 2 dicembre 2012

Aliya Mustafina




Aliya Fargatovna Mustafina (RussianАлия́ Фарга́товна Муста́финаTatarAlia Färhät qızı Mostafina) (born 30 September 1994) is a Russian artistic gymnastwho is the 2010 World individual all-around champion and the 2012 Olympic uneven bars champion. Mustafina was the most decorated gymnast, male or female, at the 2012 Summer Olympics, having won four medals including the silver in the team all-around, the bronze in the individual all-around final, the gold in theuneven bars final, and the bronze in the floor final. March, Mustafina was injured during a training session prior to the Russian National Championships and was unable to compete.At the end of July, Mustafina competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, United Kingdom. She helped the Russian team qualify in second place and individually she qualified to the all around final in fifth place with a score of 59.966. She also qualified in fifth placed for the uneven bars final scoring 15.700 and in eighth place for the floor final scoring 14.433. In the team final, Mustafina contributed an all around score of 60.266 towards the Russian team's second place finish.
In the all around final, Mustafina finished in third place with a score of 59.566. She was tied with American Aly Raisman but after tie-breaking rules Mustafina was awarded with the bronze medal. She said, "I performed well apart from the beam (but) I was not totally confident that I would get a medal, even a Bronze – any fall is very bad and it is very difficult to finish in the top three after a fall like that."
In the uneven bars final, Mustafina won the gold medal with a score of 16.133. She said, "I did not believe I could do it. Of course when I got the bronze medal I became more confident. I am very happy and very happy to be following in the Russian tradition." She added, "I am very, very happy I've won gold. Every medal represents its own thing. I was hoping very much to win and I was very happy with my routine. I didn't know what to expect of myself today.Mustafina's gold medal in the uneven bars final ended Russia’s Olympic gymnastics gold medal drought that lasted for twelve years.
In the floor final, Mustafina placed third with a score of 14.900. Her score was the same as Italian Vanessa Ferrari but after tie-breaking procedures Mustafina was awarded the bronze medal. She said, "I didn't expect a medal when I did my floor exercise but I liked how the competition ended. I'm very happy and very tired."

By Yo

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento